Friday, December 10, 2010

Meditations on Prufrock:

In memorial - in retrospect
Tickings and tocking
Exegete our existence

To be led to a question is to be led to an asking
A question is not if it is not asked
And - asking past - this: lies an answer.
An overwhelming asking is an undoing
Faith or undoing is a question asked in comprehending the answer of the gods.
The answer of the gods being.
Faith or undoing: "But who do you say that I AM?"

Shall I hold my hands and my pieces till they grow?
And shall I know when they have grown enough?
When I - thinning arms and thinning hair on top
Am still holding my pieces till they have grown and the moment gone...

Alfred, say your piece.
Ask, and answer, this, at least:
Do you dare to eat a peach?
Be - as a lamb, as a child.
Be led to the overwhelming question that will be your faith or you undoing
"But Who do you say that I AM?"

No comments:

Post a Comment