Saturday, July 24, 2010

The Heart Speaks

In my head, in my head
Lay an answer to what you had asked
In my head: my defense
I was wrong, I was wrong
To deceive you for so long
I was wrong to lead you on

I don't want to think a word
'Cause that's when the trouble starts
Oh darling, I wish I could listen to my heart

In my heart, in my heart
I was tearing myself apart
In my heart I was lost
Was I right? Was I right
to tell you what was on my mind
Was I right or was I blind?

I don't want to think a word
'Cause that's when the hurting starts
Oh darling, the hurt seems worse in my heart

It was plain, it was plain
As clear hurt in your face
It was plane, I lost my way
I don't know, I don't know
I've never been here before
I don't know where to go

Forward is a desolate track
Both sides are off my map
The starts that guided me collapsed
Oh! how I wish I could go back
Oh! I wish I could go back

I don't want to move an inch
'Cause that's how I got this far
Oh darling, believe me, I wish I had followed my heart

This isn't 100% of me talking. I mean, I wrote it, it's something that I feel (perhaps, at this point, felt) But it's only half of me. I gave my emotions free reign to say what they wanted (my mind just helped with the spelling) and this is what they came up with. I'm not sure if I like it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment