Thursday, September 17, 2009

Does it matter?

Does it matter by what desert path I missed the only well?
Does it matter on which road of life I made my way to hell?

And if I passed the narrow gate
While driving on life's interstate
What matter what exit I take
If it's not the narrow way?

Because in the end it doesn't matter where I chose to go,
left or right, if I lost sight of the one path that leads towards home.

Inspired by this quote by C.S. Lewis:
""If you have not chosen the Kingdom of God, it will make in the end no difference what you have chosen instead." Those are hard words to take. Will it really make no difference whether it was women or patriotism, cocaine or art, whiskey or a seat in the Cabinet, money or science? Well, surely no difference that matters. We shall have missed the end for which we are formed and rejected the only thing that satisfies. Does it matter to a man dying in a desert by which choice of route he missed the only well?"

No comments:

Post a Comment