Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The Underground (T.S. Eliot)

On the underground and into the dark,
On the underground and into the dark,
Train's movin' but there ain't no sparks
On the underground and into the dark.

Slow Procession into the dark
on the underground a funeral march
They're all wonderin' is it me in the casket
but they know that it is so they're too scared to ask it.

Oh my soul, shut up and see,
Whatever's comin', is it comin' for me?
They say "It's cancer, what'cha gonna' do now?, well
no one lives forever on the underground."

Oh my Lord, where are we now?
I think we made it but I don't know how.
One little step on your eternal stair, well
I think we made it but I don't know where.

They say it's somethin' but I wish I was sure
It isn't nothin' but I wish it was more
They say I'm young and I'll figure it out, but
I'm runnin' out of time on the underground.

(I'm never really going to finish this, but you can hear the rough audio here)
(And i totally stole much of this from Arcade Fire's Antichrist Television Blues)

No comments:

Post a Comment