Monday, May 2, 2011

This post comes to you in three parts

Part one, pretentious poetry

I shall spell my words one letter at a time
And my words will not be long, and I will not be long at them,
For my meaning betrays my aptitude
for using long words pretentiously
not 'cause you get them.
My verbal flourishes are flirtatious:
they want your attention, not your devotion.

Part two, child celebrities

I saw the Black Eyed Peas perform. I don't like the Black Eyed Peas (well, I don't like their music. I haven't met them personally). But anyway, I was in St. Louis for a robotics competition and they had a free concert for teams, my friends were going, so I did (the evening was great, the actual concert was probably the only lame bit). Willow Smith opened for them.

Okay, so she had some video with Jay-Z (I have no idea if that's how you spell it) where he was like, "Willow, where you at? This is it, World, meet Willow. Willow, meet world." And I can't help but think: she is not ready to meet the world.

We are children. We are here to listen and learn. We do not speak until spoken to. We probably don't have anything valuable to contribute to the human conversation, and so we should remain silent. We are not ready to confront the world.

Part three, I got a job at a paving company

And, y'know, that's kind of cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment