Thursday, April 14, 2011

When I run, I run East, into the sunrise
Because all my strayings have been to the open places of the West, but no matter how far I stray, home is always East.
When I I stick my head out the window of a moving car, I hear classical music playing
Because I was born with music in my heart and the symphonies of the wind reveal themselves to me - sparingly, because I can only barely catch them and never can hold them when I bring my feet back to the ground.
When I strum guitar, I break my strings
Because whenever the music in the air around me comes close to the music in my head, something happens to remind me that I can never be satisfied with the sounds of the earth - something happens to remind me that the sound I hear in the wind and the light I see in the East are echoes of the song I was made to sing, and the smile on my face and the jubilant tears in my eyes grow every moment the songs we sing come closer to that song.

No comments:

Post a Comment