Thursday, May 20, 2010

A sonnet.

I had to write a love sonnet for school. This is it. I totally think I could have done a better job if there was an actual girl that I wanted to write a love sonnet for.

On silent, moon-lit, concrete walks we stride
Past potted trees caged up beside our path
Each hand in hand - together - side by side
Each joyful in the others slightest breath
But as our path winds on its course to end
I cannot help but wish it to endure
I've never been more perfectly content
And never - save with you - been more secure
The lights ahead form cosmos in your eyes
As we approach again where we began
With some small sadness say we our goodbye's
And hate to slowly separate our hands

At home again, alone and cherishing
The loveliness of this nights memory

No comments:

Post a Comment