Monday, August 10, 2009

Eye of the Storm (1:00 am revisions)(why I need a flashlight next to my bed)

I'm walking through stormy living.
I've got my eyes on the sky.
I'm watching for the beginning,
the introduction of light.

I've made it through half this deluge,
this world's rejection and shame.
I'm looking now for a refuge,
somewhere to hide from the pain.

In the eye of the storm, the only restful place,
when the sky opens up and I can see Your face.
I've made it this far through a storm tossed sea,
but that's just because You've been carrying me.

I listen for Your still small voice,
though it's not easy to hear.
But when I'm out of the storm noise,
what You've been saying comes clear.

In the eye of the storm, the only peaceful place
when the storms fade away all because of your grace
When I've made it half way through the hurricane
You give me the power to do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment