Sunday, May 24, 2009

I exist

How could I need meaning
beyond the undeniable fact that my very existence gives testament
to the grace of an all-powerful creator?

How could I need comfort
beyond the unalterable condition of my presence within
the loving mercy of the Father?

How could I long for more
beyond the unbelievable splendor of the reality in which I reside,
the masterpiece that he created?

How could I grow bored
when even the smallest action voices witness of
a higher purpose found in Him?

How could I become dissatisfied
when my very ability to feel dissatisfied is something
which would be impossible without Him?

How could I stay silent
about one so magnificent that words simply fail
to describe the millionth part of his splendor?

How could I fail to love
those who, like me, are pieces of this brilliant
puzzle designed by the author of humanity?

A man said to the universe,
"Sir, I exist!"
"However" replied the universe,
"The fact has not created in me
a sense of obligation."

I say to the universe "I exist." And every fiber of my being does so only because He willed it so.

2 comments:

  1. Amen.

    What is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, yes! Knowing that God has given me everything that I am leaves me with no response except awe and an intense desire to share his love!

    ReplyDelete