Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Apathy

They say that the first step towards overcoming a problem is to admit you have one. That's fine, but the problem with apathy is that you don't care that you have a problem. Apathy doesn't care enough to change the way it is.

You all laugh at me
Like I'm not happy
With anything, any time, anywhere
And the half of me's all about apathy
And the other half just doesn't care

Yeah, bein' apathetic's a pathetic way to be
(I don't care)
What matters to you does not matter to me
('cause I don't care)

So take a wild guess
It's like I just couldn't care less
If all the things you find impressive
Just blew up and made those messes
That you'll frantically repair
Like it's a life or death affair
And all the while you're unaware
For this, you really shouldn't care
But it's so hard to see the reality
That the end will be the end of things
And our hearts are all we get to bring
So let's go ahead and make them worth something

God help me to care enough to change.

1 comment:

  1. Hm, how familiar this sounds, how often I've even played that same song. Apathy sucks, but love covers a multitude of sins.

    ReplyDelete