Monday, February 23, 2009

Peacemongers

One half circuit of the earth
Finds you in a distant land
Of heat, and sun, Babylon
Scarves, rugs, and sand.
Other things too, like
Guns and gas and oil
And tanks and grenades
And friends at toil
And friends of youth
And emergency brakes
So far from home
Their country's heart aches
To think of its sons
In a foreign field
Doing what?
Dying for democracy
The misplaced value
Of our bureaucracy.
Taken from home to
Defend a foreign soil
From a foreign danger
To a foreign people.

I don't know if any of you guys remember Paul Walker... his last year in NCFCA was my first, and he was one of my early influences in humorous.  Please pray for him, he graduated from Westpoint last year, and was deployed to Afghanistan recently.  Pray that God will keep him safe.

1 comment:

  1. "Dying for democracy
    The misplaced value
    Of our bureaucracy." Best line. I'm praying for Paul.

    Also, you coming to debate club like made my day.

    ReplyDelete