Friday, February 20, 2009

Boom-de-yada

This is your life, are you who you want to be?
This is your life, is it everything you dreamed that it would be
When the world was younger, and you had everything to lose.
~This is Your Life, Switchfoot

Now it's time for so long,
but we'll sing just one more song.
Thanks for doin' your part!
You sure are smart!
Y'know with me and you,
and my dog Blue,
we can do anything that we want to do.
~Blues Clues

The world is just amazing!  I'm 16, in my junior year, just starting to look at collages, and guess what? I can be anything!  I can be an engineer, or a teacher, or a politician, or an actor, heck, I could be an astronaut.  I could do nothing but eat pancakes.  My future is a blank slate, I can do anything I want with it.  

Partly, that's a little scary.  It's comforting to have a plan, and I don't have one.  It feels good to have someone else making decisions for you, and I don't have that.  I'm scared of making wrong choices, I'm afraid that one bad decision will make my life misserable.  Oh, but I'm exhilerated too!  This is my favorite test question, a real life one, it's more than multiple choice, they give you a blank piece of paper and tell you to write whatever you want. Pencil's down, life's over, lets see what you came up with.  And everything I do changes the world.  Me. Typing. This key, the "e" key, changes the world.  It's a small change, not the kind I dream of, but I'm changing the world and myself, with the stroke of an "e".  

2 comments:

  1. I feel like that sometimes. Yah, I'm starting to get some inspiration vibes. But mostly it's overwhelming - when you could be anything, how on earth do you choose?!

    Also, you get like four gold stars for the Blue's Clues jingle. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I wrote this on a sugar high.

    ReplyDelete